Tomorrow’s the Cardiff Bay 10k.
It’s the first of the multiple races I am planning on doing this year to raise money for SANDS who do work supporting families and lobbying for improvements in antenatal and maternal care in the UK. In a fairly short period of time, we’ve managed to raise a fairly substantial amount of money and if you’ve donated: Thank You! You are ALL awesome and it really does mean the world to my family.
There’s plenty of time left to donate if you want to as the Just Giving page (here) will remain open all year as I intend to fund raise all year. One note, the donations have been very generous, this is great but so I’m not misleading anyone, I need to point out the total on the just giving page includes my previous fundraising from 2013. I couldn’t work out how to reset it.
So with tomorrow’s run looming, my final prep is underway and these are the tracks that will be filling my ears as I go round:
- The Game (Motorhead) – Up there with the best of ring entrance music, topped only, I think by the Undertaker’s entrance and Sandman’s. This should get my psyched. I promise not to spit water on anyone.
- Now That We’re Dead (Metallica) – A good beat to get my legs going, a wry sense of humour and Metallica back doing what they do best.
- Smells like Teen Spirit (Nirvana) – Doing something silly in Cardiff? A brief reminder of my earlier periods in the ‘diff. I won’t be drinking any cider on the way round.
- Hammer to Fall (Queen) – Obligatory Queen track. If you don’t put one in they pop up all by themselves…like mushrooms. Good beat that reminds me of my favourite Immortal. Also, I’ve felt around 400 since 2013.
- Murder One (Metallica) – Just a bloody good track. Metallica’s tribute to Lemmy.
- 20th Century Boy (T-Rex) – My entrance music. Bolan may have had something to do with it. 😉
- Eye of the Tiger (Survivor) – It is the law that this must be included on every running playlist ever.
- Best of You (Foo Fighters) – I suspect I’ll need some picking up at this point and the tunes start switching towards keeping me going at this point. I do love this track.
- Blue Monday (New Order) – Sliding into the Electronica to keep the pace up. Blue Monday is an earworm that keeps my feet going when the temptation to stop kicks in.
- Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac) – I do like me some Mac. Particularly, the late 70s/early 80s line up and this classic makes me laugh when pounding the street. My running gait is…eccentric.
- Call on Me (Eric Prydz) – I should be on the homestretch by this point. This kept my legs going on a much longer run in the fall of 2013 and I’m hoping it helps again.
- Right here, right now (Fatboy Slim) – Infectious track.
- Ziggy Stardust (David Bowie) – Running in memory of my son, Ziggy, whose nickname during the pregnancy became his actual name. It was given for Ziggy Stardust, the computer from Quantum Leap and the term zygote.
- The Final Countdown (Europe) – Targeting to finish around this time and so this is my “warning” to myself.
- Skin and Bones (Foo Fighters) – I suspect I may go past my target time and so this is to keep me going if so with a little humour. I’ll probably feel like just skin and bones at this point. 🙂