A blog a day is the experiment but unfortunately I’m tired and so haven’t done anything interesting.
However, it was my turn to cook tonight, I made something new up, thought some people might like it (G did):
What you need:
Pork (x2 loin steaks – chopped)
Four spring onion
One fresh red chilli (deseeded and chopped fine)
One knob of fresh ginger (peeled and ready to grate)
small tin of water chestnuts
noodles (for two)
Handful of mushrooms
2 cloves garlic
Sesame Seed Oil
What you do:
– Heat a tablespoon of oil in a frying pan or wok.
– Add the garlic and spring onions
– When onions soften add chilli
– Throw in the chopped pork
– Grate the ginger over the pork, onion, garlic and chilli
– Add the mushrooms
– Once the pork is sealed add a lug of honey (tablespoon-ish) and a lug of Soy sauce
– Pop the noodles in a pan of boiling water (heat through, easy cook noodles are fine – this is meant to be quick)
– You need to keep the heat on the pork until it’s cooked but without overdoing the honey (it doesn’t matter too much if you overcook the honey it just makes the pan harder to clean)
– Once the pork is done (and assuming your noodles are cooked) drain the noodles and add to the pan with the stir fry.
– Mix through.
– Squeeze the lemon over the whole mix
– Serve quick.
It’s guilt free because it has a lot of good veg in it and you can add more by including baby sweetcorn or pepper or mange tout, or all three – they should work. It’s better than the gunk that come out of a packet.
I hope you enjoy it. If you give it a go. See ya later.