1. Presumably the A & R man at Roadrunner Records meant phat (as in good) rather than fat when referring to Amanda’s belly in the above video, or else needs to get his eyegear checked over.
2. Rebllyon is a pretty positive and fun way of making a serious point to the type of arrogant execs that make me want to run to the hills. Execs: you don’t know what’s best for us or what we really mean, stop telling us you do.
3. The head of Roadrunner, who somehow believes he released a record that was not commercial* in the shape of Amanda’s solo album (Who Killed Amanda Palmer?), really should try to get to the gigs of some of his artists. I was at Amanda’s London gig and if that’s not commercial then I want to release a series of similarly not commercial books, know what I mean?
4. Incidentally, if you don’t have Amanda’s album or even worse haven’t seen her live then you really should. You don’t have to take my word for it, she’s all over youtube.com and plenty of her stuff is on lastfm.com. I promise you won’t regret it.
That is all.
* Surely a plea to be sacked from his own job if it were true?**
** Which it isn’t.